[ANSTHRLD] Ansteorran Gazette November 2011

Obelisk Herald obelisk at herald.ansteorra.org
Wed Nov 2 15:30:41 PDT 2011

Ansteorran Gazzette for November 2011
Contents:
Letter from Star:
Warm Greetings unto my heraldic brethren this day!
I hope everyone is doing well as we move further into the fall season.
There are several large events coming up this month. Look for me at
War of Ages, and Bordermarch Autumn Melees.  There are class spots
available for Autumn Melees if you're desiring to teach. Please get in
touch with Lord Biau-douz (beaudumesnil at hotmail.com) or Sior Tomas
Tressure, for more information.
This month I'm planning to roll out some changes to the documentation
of our submissions process, in order to streamline the duties of
Asterisk and Bordure, and to delete some redundancy which has
continued despite phasing out some old positions in the College.
Effective immediately, Asterisk will no longer produce a separate ILOI
document from what is entered into ACE. Instead, an archive copy will
be generated by using the 'ILoI ONLY' link. Bordure will no longer
produce an AICC after the decision meeting. Commentary will be
available from ACE, and Obelisk will be saving archival copies using
the 'ICC ONLY' links available in ACE. Bordure will publish decisions
from the meetings in an Internal Letter of Decision (ILoD) in a format
similar to LoARs currently being issued by Laurel. Given that we're no
longer needing to collate commentary due to it's electronic "forum"
based nature, the ICC (and AICC) has become a bit of an obsolete
document.  I expect that these changes will take some getting used to,
but I hope that it will drastically reduce the amount of duplicate and
often unnecessary work for these two hard working officers. I and the
submissions team are certainly open to opinions and suggestions,
please don't hesitate to contact me if you have anything!
To Clarify:
Asterisk - Produces an ILOI by entering submissions into ACEBordure -
Rules on Submissions, Producing an ILoD and entering forwarded
submissions into OSCAR generating an LoIObelisk - Generates archival
copies of ILOI, ICC, and LoI for the website, Publishes Ansteorran
Gazette among other duties.
As we look forward into January, please make plans to attend King's
Round Table which is to be hosted in the Barony of Bryn Gwlad. There
are numerous things to go over, including an Admin Handbook update.
I'd encourage everyone to attend, especially if you're a department
head, as there is much to discuss. Please look for a meeting schedule
as we get closer to January.
Know I remain your servant,
AndreweStar
*******Status of ILoIs
ILoI 2011-01: Commentary closed February 2011.LoI 2011-02. Laurel
meeting May. LoAR published.
ILoI 2011-02: Commentary closed March 2011.LoI 2011-03. Laurel meeting
June. LoAR published.
ILoI 2011-03: Commentary closed April 2011.LoI 2011-04. Laurel meeting
July. LoAR published.
ILoI 2011-4: Commentary closed May 2011.LoI 2011-05. Laurel meeting
August. LoAR published.
ILoI 2011-5: Commentary closed June 2011.LoI 2011-06. Laurel meeting
September. Pending LoAR publication.
ILoI 2011-6: Comments closed July 2011.LoI 2011-07. Laurel meeting
October. Pending LoAR publication.
ILoI 2011-7: Comments closed August 2011.LoI 2011-08. Laurel meeting November.
ILoI 2011-8: Comments closed September 2011.LoI 2011-09. Laurel
meeting December.
ILoI 2011-9: Comments due October 2011.LoI 2011-10. Laurel meeting January.
ILoI 2011-10: Comments due November 2011.Decision meeting and LoI November.
ILoI 2011-11: Comments due December 2011.Decision meeting and LoI December.
*******Upcoming Decision Meetings:* November meeting will be at
Baronial College in Elfsea.* December meeting will be at Yule Revel in
Bryn Gwlad on December 10th.
*******Internal Letter of Intent 2011-111. Alaric Styrr (Bryn Gwlad,
Barony of ) New Device Change. 2. Alexandra Bentbow (Hellsgate,
Stronghold of ) New Device. 3. Alexandra Notte Clare (Steppes, Barony
of ) New Name and Device. 4. Alexios Nikolaos (Ffynnon Gath, Shire of
) New Name and Device. 5. Alyce Gravenor (Ffynnon Gath, Shire of ) New
Name and Device. 6. Aurelius Scipio (Ffynnon Gath, Shire of ) New
Name. 7. Bridget Popham (Ffynnon Gath, Shire of ) New Name and Device.
8. Edwin de Brus (Elfsea, Barony of ) New Name and Device. 9. Eirik
Halfdanarson (Hellsgate, Stronghold of ) New Badge. 10. Elena de La
Reue (Ffynnon Gath, Shire of ) New Name. 11. Ffynnon Gath, Shire of
(Ffynnon Gath, Shire of) New Device Change. 12. Genevieve de
Lironcourt ( Elfsea, Barony of) New Badge. 13. Janis Elaine L'Orfevre
( Ffynnon Gath, Shire of) New Device. 14. ll Domo dei Pace (Raven’s
Fort, Barony of ) New Name. 15. Ludewicus von Liechtenstein
(Moonshadow, Province of ) New Name and Device. 16. Regina De Masquer
(Ffynnon Gath, Shire of ) New Badge. 17. Reinhard Siebert (Steppes,
Barony of ) New Name and Device. 18. Salamander d'Or Herald (Elfsea,
Barony of ) New Name. 19. Eric Bentbow (Hellsgate, Stronge hold of)
New Household Badge.
ILoI 2011-11 can be found at
http://ace.heraldry.ansteorra.org/letter/view/52.  Archival copy can
be found at http://herald.ansteorra.org/ILoI/iloi201111.pdf
*******AICC (Annotated Internal Collated Commentary) has been replaced
by an Internal Letter of Decision (ILOD).Internal Letter if Decision
2011-09Administrative Actions
Forwarded to LaurelNone.
Returned for further work.1. Ætheldreda de Dunbretane (Bryn Gwlad,
Barony of) Resubmitted Device.
Ansteorran Internal Letter of Decision September 2011Forwared to
Laurel:1. Emma Farewyll (Rosenfeld, Shire of) New Device. 2.
Faoiltgearna MacEanruig (Wiesenfeuer, Barony of) New Device.3. James
Northfolke (Raven's Fort, Barony of) Resubmitted Device. 4. Loueday
Wlf (Wiesenfeuer, Barony of) New Name.5. Magnus von Lübeck (Raven's
Fort, Barony of) New Device Change. 6. Magnus von Lübeck (Raven's
Fort, Barony of) New Household Name.
Returned for further work:4. Loueday Wlf (Wiesenfeuer, Barony of) New Device.
Full letter and text of decision can be found here:
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/ILoD/ilod201109.pdf
*******Internal Collated Commentary 2011-09 can be found at
http://ace.heraldry.ansteorra.org/letter/view/50?view=icc  with an
archival copy at http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/ICC/aicc201109.pdf
*******The external Letter of Intent for October 2011 can be found at
http://herald.ansteorra.org/LoI/loi201110.pdf and
http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=100&loi=1116
A list of items currently in progress can be found at
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/hst/
Further details on the status of items at Laurel can be found at
http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=181