[ANSTHRLD] Looking for Middle Low German name sources

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 06:26:55 PST 2011

Something else you could do is look for histories of the region in
period...with the standard caveat that some names may be Anglicized if the
source is in English or otherwise altered if the source is in Hochdeutsch.
Maybe some histories of places like Kiel, Luebeck (keeping in mind that
Hanseatic Cities may have mixed populations), Braunschweig, etc. Of course,
if you could find a history of an obscure city like Husum (I know that one
off the top of my head because of its associations with Theodor Storm), you
might hit paydirt.

Happy hunting!

Detlef