[ANSTHRLD] Resources for locative (sp?) surnames

Randy Shipp randyshipp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:33:46 PDT 2011

This is actually for me. :-)  I'm working on a new surname and I'm thinking
of just doing a surname based on location.  I have in mind SW France, the
Saintonge region or Gascony, where there might be a mix of English and
French influence during the HYW.  Any thoughts on how to identify the names
of manors from that time and area?

--Antoine