[ANSTHRLD] Fwd: Ruliana: the New Rules for Submission

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sat Apr 28 13:49:37 PDT 2012

     ---------- Forwarded message ----------
     Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:29:19 -0400
     From: Marie de Blois <erminespot at gmail.com>
     Subject: Re: [Submissions_heralds] [SCA-PH] Ruliana: the New Rules for Submission

As I just sent to the SCAHRLDS list:

The Laurel office is pleased to announce that the draft Rules for
Submissions, with a slight naming change, have been approved by the
Board of Directors.  At the Board's request, they will be renamed to
"Standards for Evaluation" to accurately reflect their purpose and
nature.

We will be updating the Laurel website shortly, but the final draft
and the two introductory materials (the "Checklist for Submissions"
and the "Summary of Changes") can be viewed at:
http://heraldry.sca.org/laurel/regs.html

To answer the question we expect everyone will have:

Starting with the May, 2012 Laurel decision meetings, we will enter a
six month transition period. Items appearing on Letters of Intent
scheduled for decision between May 2012 and October 2012 will be
accepted if they are registerable (that is, they meet the style,
conflict, presumption, and offense requirements) of the old rules or
the new standards. During this period, an item will not be registered
if it partially meets the standards for each set of rules (for
example, it has a conflict under the old rules and a style problem
under the new rules). An item must be completely legal under one set
of rules or the other. Starting with the November 2012 meeting, items
will be considered only under the new standards. Any Letters of Intent
originally scheduled to be considered in October or before will be
considered under the rules in force for that meeting, even if they
have to be rescheduled because of issues with payment or paperwork.
Any items (even entire letters) which are returned for administrative
reasons will not be given that consideration.

We want to thank the many people, heralds and others, who have
contributed to these rules since we started this project over two and
a half years ago. This project could not have happened without the
time and energy of many members of the College of Arms.  We
particularly want to thank Olwynn, Elisabeth, and Gabriel who oversaw
this work as Laurel, and the many heralds who helped hash out ideas
for, develop, and proofread drafts.  Thank you, one and all.

Marie and Juliana,
current and previous Palimpsest Heralds