[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check: Per pile througout gules and or, a lion and a stag combatant counter-changed

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Mon Apr 23 09:12:29 PDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Darnell Daniels <dmage121 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a submission in the works. I have checked the armorial, but wanted to see what the community at large thought.
> The image can be found below.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3022563215756&set=a.1471610042896.59331.1612997228&type=3

Well, the link didn't work for me, unfortunately.

There's no such thing as "Per pile throughout".  There is "a pile
throughout", and there is "per chevron inverted"...

A pile is an ordinary, a triangular wedge that runs from the chief
(inset in from the corners, NOT from the corners themselves), down to
nearly the base (or to the base, in the case of 'throughout').

"Per chevron inverted" is a field division, dividing the field roughly
in half, that is a "V" with the top end starting on the sides of the
field below the top corners.

Since a pile is an ordinary, you could fit the lion and stag on either
side of it, but you couldn't have them partly on the field and partly
on the pile.

"Per chevron inverted gules and Or, a lion and a stag combatant
counterchanged" would be legal, with the top half red and the bottom
half yellow.

(I didn't do any conflict checks...)

-Emma