[ANSTHRLD] Joselin

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Dec 12 14:38:53 PST 2012

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012, Herald of Hellsgate
<herald at hellsgate.ansteorra.org> wrote:
> I have a young lady who wants to use the name Joselin (or some
> variant of it it that spelling is not acceptable).  The issue is
> that I cannot document the name to females in period anywhere.

Emma's response is not uncommonly summarized as "The CoA doesn't do
panty checks".

Further, E. G. Withycombe, in the introduction to her work, states
that women in England could bear male names, stating further that it
wasn't a feminized name like Richarda or something, but actually
Richard, Nicolas, or whatnot.

What's the entire name, culture, and time?  I wonder if this is the
Joselin that I consulted with a few years ago.

Daniela filia Ricardus
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com