[ANSTHRLD] Joselin

Herald of Hellsgate herald at hellsgate.ansteorra.org
Wed Dec 12 14:56:42 PST 2012

The intended region is France in the later part of our period (15th century
if I remember correctly).  The intended full name is Joselin Michele.
Supposedly she was able to find Michele as a surname, but I don't have much
information about her full plan since I only spoke to her about it in
passing really.   I suppose I should have gotten a little more information,
but she had mentioned that she was unable to find Joselin as a female name
in France and so I am trying to see what I can dig up (which isn't much).
The name appears in the Oxford Dictionary of English Christian Names as a
male name with the statement "The use of Jocelyn as a girl's name seems to
be quite modern."  I will likely see her tomorrow night at social so I will
see what I can find out.

Coenred