[ANSTHRLD] OSCAR and ACE differences for commenters

Doug Bell magnus77840 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 02:35:46 PST 2012

OSCAR - ACE differences

1- Be careful to remove any < > characters from St. Gabriel reports before posting on OSCAR. These can be interpreted as HTML commands and OSCAR will attempt to execute such with unexpected results.

2- There is no Delete Comment command in OSCAR as there is in ACE. You can edit a comment once posted but not delete it.

3- You have to use a blank line between comments for separations.

in ACE

My name
My - English given name
1544 Names from Pensance
by the Great Dufus
My - given name

in OSCAR becomes
My name My - English given name 1544 Names from Pensance by the Great Dufus My - given name

In OSCAR you have to enter it as:
My name

My - English given name

1544 Names from Pensance

by the Great Dufus

My - given name

4- OSCAR has a time out and sign out feature. If left idle for a period of time you will be logged out automatically.
I recommend you not leave the edit box to enter comments idle for any length of time. If you have to leave go ahead and post that part of the comment.
I usually compose a comment in a word processor and paste it into the edit box.
There are rarely occurring bugs in the edit box that can on rare occasions delete your entry or post it multiple times.

safe journeys
Magnus