[ANSTHRLD] Second Draft of Achievements Proposal Online

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Tue Jun 19 09:59:58 PDT 2012

I'll repeat what I said at the first meeting to discuss them.

This is two different proposals. First, a major change in policy about whether achievements should be something difficult to earn, and then, a proposal about how to specifically implement that decision.

Step one is to find out how people feel about the current requirements for earning achievements.

We need to gather that information, and then take it to a meeting of all the people involved in such a big change (starting with the Principal Herald, current Crown, and several former Crowns, and probably former Principal Heralds). Then we will find out if the policy change will occur.

Until then, there's no point in considering the specifics of how to do something they haven't decided to do.

So there's no point in discussing what groups get, or the Germano-centric proposal of single supporters, or even if single supporters were a granted achievement item rather than a display form.

The issue is whether Ansteorra's tradition of difficult-to-earn achievements is to be overturned by the Crown and the Principal Herald.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin