[ANSTHRLD] Second Draft of Achievements Proposal Online

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Tue Jun 19 21:17:42 PDT 2012

The numbers are interesting.

While I personally favor relaxing some of the restrictions, one of the
other things we might look at is simply relaxing some of the
uniqueness requirements, where they clash with historical accuracy.
Specifically, the current requirement that supporters be unique: this
appears to be entirely un-historical, and as a society based on
historical education, seems a prime target for "fix that". Just like
with the incorrect assumption that "simple armory is hard to get",
I've heard from several people entitled to supporters that they assume
it'll be hard to get the set of supporters they want. This is in many
cases an incorrect assumption, but even so, removing the necessity for
unique supporters would go a long way.

Our award structure is not terribly historic. It would be nice if our
achievement structure did mimic history a tad more than it currently
does.

As for my own achievement, I've been waffling for a while over what
crest to use, and now I've got a motto to decide upon as well. It'll
be a while before I register anything until I get that sorted out in
my own head!

(Insert standard gripe about Provinces not being mentioned, again, and
suggest that like Baronies they be treated as a Peer, but unlike
Baronies, not as Nobility as of course they have no landed nobility.)

-Emma