[ANSTHRLD] Second Draft of Achievements Proposal Online

keyna@hot.rr.com keyna at hot.rr.com
Wed Jun 20 06:30:51 PDT 2012

It's buster

Sent from my HTC Inspire™ 4G on AT&T

----- Reply message -----
From: eirik at hot.rr.com
To: "Heralds List, Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA,	Inc." <heralds at lists.ansteorra.org>
Cc: "Jay Rudin" <rudin at peoplepc.com>
Subject: [ANSTHRLD] Second Draft of Achievements Proposal Online
Date: Tue, Jun 19, 2012 5:05 pm

I must respectfully disagree with Master Robin, something that doesn't happen very often. Given the policy question as you stated, Star needs more information about the proposed changes. I will bet that if Star approached the Crown and asked if they felt the achievement system should be changed, Their Majesties will ask how would they be changed and why would they be changed. Without information from the proposed hypothesis of changes to the achievement system, Star lacks the necessary answers to those questions. It would be better to have all the information on the proposed changes prior to approaching the Crown about them. This does not mean that the changes will occur or that everyone will agree to the changes. I for one cannot answer the question you ask without more information on how you would change the current system.

Eirik Halfdanarson

---- Jay Rudin <rudin at peoplepc.com> wrote:
>    Salvador Ordoñez asked:
   >Are we trying up make it easier to earn recognition? Why or why not?
   Can historical accuracy be maintained and still meet the needs of the
   populace?
   Excellent! You have asked a crucial question.
   The issue underlying whether the requirements for an achievement should
   be dropped to much lower levels is whether an achievement should be
   among the many forms of recognition easy to earn, or among the many
   forms of recognition difficult to earn.
   That's the actual policy question in front of us.
   Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin