[ANSTHRLD] Second Draft of Achievements Proposal Online

Eldwin Nightowl eldwin at loveshade.org
Tue Jun 19 14:51:51 PDT 2012

First, I appreciate all the work that went into this.

Second, my opinion is as something of an outsider as I've been most active in a kingdom that does not regulate achievement of arms.  By both the current practice of Ansteorra and the proposed practice, a "foreign visitor" and especially "immigrant" to Ansteorra could be put in a very uncomfortable position.   A person could have garb/personal items that were completely acceptable in their original kingdom, but are now verboten.  As people in the modern world frequently move from one kingdom to another, that can be a major problem.

Personally, I would like to see the guidelines for achievement of arms be standardized throughout the SCA as are most other aspects of heraldry.  I realize this is as present highly unlikely, as it would mean getting kingdoms who have no regulation to agree with those who have strict regulations.

Barring that, I prefer the proposed rules over the current ones.

>Everyone,
>The second (current) draft of my Achievements Proposal has been put online.
>von Meißen
>Cadet to Warder Brighid MacCumhal
>Barony of Elfsea - Nautilus Pursuivant
<< Qui quærit, invenit >>