[ANSTHRLD] Second Draft of Achievements Proposal Online

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed Jun 20 20:57:46 PDT 2012

Y'know, a thought occurred to me after reading Tomas's message...

We not infrequently have tourneys in which the fighters are expected
to have physical literal crests as part of the tourney/pas.

Many of those fighters may not actually be "entitled" to display a
crest by our current achievement regulations.

This is silly.

We are effectively saying "display/use whatever you want, it has no
bearing on what is officially registered". That is completely
backwards from how we treat other armorial heraldry ("display what you
register, register what you display").

We should fix that, and NOT by telling a bunch of fighters "hey, you
can't have that nifty thing on your helmet".

-Emma