[ANSTHRLD] Website functionality

Marie de Blois erminespot at gmail.com
Wed May 30 09:12:44 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Vyolante Oporto <vyolante at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to upload our old letters to our "Garden" on Oscar?

As far as I know, not really, no.

I've talked with Istvan about this (for the Outlands' archive).  He
told me that he has some stub code (aka 'started a long time ago and
never finished') for importing stuff.  The catch is that the file you
feed such an importer has to be normalized/marked up/delimited in some
way so that the importer knows what parts are what.  Given that this
would require a whole LOT of manual manipulation of the old letters
into whatever the file format would be, we never finished hashing out
the details.

Er, if you meant just uploading the PDFs - there's no mechanism in
OSCAR for that either.

Marie