[ANSTHRLD] A platypus and two sporks

Andreas von Meißen scamiz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 21:18:42 PST 2012

Well, only a little, because you still have color-on-color.

SENA A.3.B.4.a reads, in part: "Primary, secondary, and overall charge
groups are considered to be placed on the field and must have good contrast
with it."

So, both the platypus and the kitchen implement must have good contrast
with the field.

-- AvM

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM, Frank Schalles
<francisschalles at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am told he has an example of it being period. I have yet to see it. I
> could avoid the color on color by: Sable, on a rampant platypus Or,  2
> spoons in saltire gules. This I hope clears up some of the conflict.
>
> Francois
>
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Bob Wade <logiosophia at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, an Individually Attested Pattern
> > http://heraldry.sca.org/laurel/sena.html#A4 (fka as a  Regional
> Exception
> > under the RfS) may be documentable, but the research must also document
> > that the charges themselves and their arrangement were also used in the
> > same region.
> > For this submission, that would mean documenting "in a single time and
> > place"(1) Multiple examples of:"Sable, a beast gules and overall a charge
> > group Or." and(2) At least one instance of (2a) a "platypus" (Or beaver
> if
> > the submitter likes the idea) as a charge, (2b) a "spork" (Or other
> utensil
> > if the submitter likes the idea) as a charge and (2c) an overall charge
> > group of two charges in saltire.
> > Does the submitter want the design bad enough to do the research,
> Francois?
> > Tostig

Andrew R. Mizener/ Herr Andreas von Meißen
Cadet to Warder Brighid MacCumhal
Barony of Elfsea - Nautilus Pursuivant
<< Qui quærit, invenit >>