[ANSTHRLD] A platypus and two sporks

Ron eirik at hot.rr.com
Fri Nov 16 16:29:42 PST 2012

> Return for color on color: red charge on black.
> Standards for Evaluation of Names and Armory
> http://heraldry.sca.org/laurel/sena.html#A3B

Excuse me while I have a discussion with Daniel.

A return is not automatic. If there is documented examples of a gules charge
on a sable field, I refer you to SENA A.4.A
(http://heraldry.sca.org/laurel/sena.html#A4) which states: " Any armorial
design that does not fit within our core style rules may still be registered
if it can be documented as following a pattern of period practice within the
armorial style of a single time and place within the temporal scope of the
Society. ...." Follow the link for specific instructions on how to document
the pattern.

Back to the point at hand.

Without documentation of the pattern, yes there would be a return.

Eirik