[ANSTHRLD] [Gazette] Ansteorran Gazette October 2012

Obelisk Herald obelisk at herald.ansteorra.org
Mon Oct 1 10:53:37 PDT 2012

Ansteorran Gazette for October 2012

Contents:

Greetings unto the College!

I hope everyone had a wonderful September! I had a great time
attending War of Ages, and Bryn Gwlad Baronial. I am looking forward
to seeing more of you this coming month in October. I plan to be at
Seawinds Defender, and may be able to work another event in there, but
I'm still feeling that out at the moment. I'd like to encourage you to
go out and herald a list, do some site announcements, design a banner,
and help spruce up a tournament! Heraldry adds another dimension to an
already great event, so let's continue to get it out there!

I will be announcing the new Southern Region Herald (Solstice) under
separate cover, and the announcement might beat this to press... I
want to thank Lady Alisone for her efforts as Solstice (Has 2 years
/really/ gone by already!?), she has definitely made my job as Star
much much easier, and I'm going to miss working with her! If you're in
the Southern Region, please give her Your thanks when you see her
next.

I also sent a missive to the heralds list recently, but Baron Kevin
Equinox had to step down from his position, and as such Equinox is now
open for applications. Applications should be sent to me by December
1st. This opening will be published in the November Black Star. In the
interim, Kevin's deputy, Lady Meadbh inghean Rois has agreed to look
after the office. Please contact her at northern at herald.ansteorra.org
if you have any questions or concerns for the office of Equinox.
Please thank both of these gentles for their service when you next see
them!

I want to offer congratulations to Herr Detlef von Marburg, who was
named a Companion to the Order of the Star of Merit at Defender of the
Fort this month. Detlef is a very accomplished Herald, and this honor
is well deserved!

I remain in service,

Andrewe
Star

*******
Status of ILoIs

ILoI 2012-03: Comments closed April 10, 2012.
LoI 2012-04. Laurel meeting July. LoAR published.

ILoI 2011-04: Comments closed May 10, 2012.
LoI 2012-05. Laurel meeting August. Pending LoAR publication.

ILoI 2011-05: Comments closed June 10, 2012.
LoI 2012-06. Laurel meeting September. Pending LoAR publication.

ILoI 2011-06: Comments closed July 10, 2012.
LoI 2012-07. Laurel meeting October.

ILoI 2011-07: Comments closed August 10, 2012.
LoI 2012-08. Laurel meeting November.

ILoI 2011-08: Comments due September 10, 2012.
LoI 2012-09. Laurel meeting December.

ILoI 2011-09: Comments due October 10, 2012.
Decision meeting and LoI October.

ILoI 2011-10: No ILoI due to a lack of submissions.

*******
Upcoming Meetings:

* October 20th - Decision Meeting (2012-08 ILoI) @ TBD
* November No meeting
* December 8th - Decision Meeting (2012-10 ILoI) @ Bryn Gwlad/Hellsgate
Yule Revel

*******
Internal Letter of Intent 2012-10

No ILoI this month due to Asterisk not receiving submissions.

*******
Internal Letter of Decision 2012-08

Administrative Actions

Forwarded to Laurel
1: Francois de Lions - New Device
2: Johanna Renard van Leydan - New Request for Name Reconsideration

Returned for further work.

None.

August 2012 Internal Letter of Intent

Forwarded to Laurel

1: Alaric Styrr - Resub Device
2: Alys Durivau - New Badge
3: Alys Durivau - New Augmentation of Arms
4: Andreas von Meissen - New Badge
5: Béatriz du Chesne - New Name & New Device
6: Bèatriz du Chesne - New Badge
7: Biau-Douz de la Mere - New Name
8: Ekaterina Ivanova - New Device
9: Elfsea, Barony of - New Badge
10: Elspeth de Stervlen - New Badge
11: Gerhart Wolfgang der Rote - New Device
12: Henry of Westbrook - New Name
13: Katrine la Escolpiera - New Device
14: Kira no Takuan - New Name & New Device
15: Miklos Nemeth - New Name & New Device
16: René Damours - New Name
17: Vilhjálmr Einarsson - New Name & New Device
18: Vyolante Drago do Porto - Resub Badge

Returned for further work

1: Alys Durivau - New Badge
2: Cathal Finn O Briain - New Badge
3: Miklos Nemeth - New Device
4: Wiesenfeuer, Barony of - New Badge

Full letter and text of decision can be found here:
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/ILoD/ilod201208.pdf

*******
Internal Collated Commentary 2012-08 can be found here:
http://oscar.sca.org/kingdom/kingloi.php?kingdom=8&loi=1468

*******
The external Letter of Intent for September 2012 can be found here:
http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=100&loi=1595

A list of items currently in progress can be found here:
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/hst/

Further details on the status of items at Laurel can be found here:
http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=181