[ANSTHRLD] KWHSS Thanks

Steven Hall gyronnygeek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 19:14:54 PDT 2013

To those to whom this missive shall present, greetings.

Last month, the Barony of Bjornsborg in the Kingdom of Ansteorra hosted the
40th Known World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium. From all accounts, a good
time was had by all, and many friendships were begun or renewed, in
addition to an astounding slate of classes for both heralds and scribes.

As the class coordinator for the event, I would like to take a moment to
thank each and every one of our instructors who helped to make the event
such a success.

Mistress Adelaide de Beaumont
Mistress Alys Mackyntoich
Herr Andreas von Meißen
Countess Aryanhwy merch Catmael
THL Brian O'hUilliam
Master Bruce Draconarius of Mistholme
Dame Brunissende Dragonette
THL Detlef von Marburg
Magistra Emma de Fetherstan
Baroness Éowyn Amberdrake, OL, OP
Dame Gwenllian ferch Maredudd
THL Haraldr Bassi
Mistress Hillary Rose Greenslade
Mistress Isabella de Boyce, OP
Master Tanczos Istvan
Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Dame Juliana de Luna
THL Kameshima Zentarou Umakai
THL Katarzyna Nikolaieva
Mistress Kayleigh McWhyte, OL
THL Konstantia Kaloethina
THL Lillias MacGuffin
Dame Mari ingen Briain meic Donnchada
Baroness Muireann a Dun na Traighe Ceine
Lady Nesscia inghenn Chearnaigh
THL Niccolaia Valore
Lady Penelope de Bourbon
Baroness Rixende de Rouen
Master Robert Whitcome of Brandywine
THL Shanna Camber
THL Thomas atte Woode
THL Willoc mac Muiredaig

I want to thank the other members of our event staff for their
contributions in making this event a success: THL Ines Alfón and Mistress
Adelaide de Beaumont, our co-event stewards; THL Czina Angielczyka, our
merchant coordinator; Dame Mari ingen Briain meic Donnchada, our
proceedings coordinator; Mariana Garcia, our food and hospitality
coordinator; Lady Nicolette de Bordress, our gate coordinator; and THL
Haraldr Bassi, our ACCEPS coordinator.

I wish to take a moment to give extra special thanks to Master Cynric of
Bedwyn, our scribal class coordinator. Together he and I worked on bringing
in our respective instructors, and when his non-SCA workload became too
much for him to continue, we made arrangements for me to finish the
wonderful schedule of scribal offerings that he started. The vast majority
of the scribal classes that we presented during the Symposium were thanks
entirely to him. I just needed to schedule them, but beyond that, he should
be credited and given thanks for making the scribal side of the event what
it was.

Finally, to Their Excellencies Bjornsborg, Baron Phillipe Le Chanceux and
Baroness Suzanne Beraud, and to THL Andrewe Bawldwyn, Star Principal
Herald, thank you three so much for letting me be a part of this event. I
had a wonderful time and I'm glad that I could help in some small way to be
part of why this event was the success that it was.

I'm looking forward to next year's Known World Heraldic and Scribal
Symposium in Caid's Barony of Starkhafn and hope to see you all there!
(Slot machine heraldry or bust!!)

In service to College, Crown, and Kingdom,
THL Snorri Hallsson
KWHSS 2013 Class Coordinator (retired)