[ANSTHRLD] Help researching the status of a submission

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 08:10:27 PDT 2013

Best thing to do is to check the Ansteorran Heraldic Submissions Tracker
(HST): http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/hst/
(Searched by first letter of the name)

*Caoilfhionn inghean Lughdach. (Steppes)* Name.
ILoI 1/12 4.
Kingdom accepted 2/12 (AG 3/12).
Laurel registered 5/12 <http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2012/05/12-05lar.html>.
*".*Device.
ILoI 1/12 4.
Kingdom accepted 2/12 (AG 3/12).
Laurel returned 5/12 <http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2012/05/12-05lar.html>. *
".*Badge.
ILoI 1/12 5.
Kingdom accepted 2/12 (AG 3/12).
Laurel returned 5/12 <http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2012/05/12-05lar.html>.

>From the May 2012 LoAR:

*Caoilfhionn inghean Lughdach. *Device. Or, a domestic cat sejant contourny
sable maintaining a pen azure and in dexter chief a rose sable, a bordure
azure platy.

This device is returned for being too complex. The Rules for Submissions
section VIII.1.a., Tincture and Charge Limit, says "As a rule of thumb, the
total of the number of tinctures plus the number of types of charges in a
design should not exceed eight." The Standards for Evaluation has a similar
section, A3E2 Complexity Count, which states "An item with a complexity
count of nine or higher that follows a period pattern of charges and
tinctures may be registered, but may need to be documented as an
Individually Attested Pattern." This device has a complexity count of nine,
with four tinctures (Or, sable, azure, argent) and five types of charge
(cat, pen, rose, bordure, roundels). The simplest change may be to drop
either the rose or the pen.
*Caoilfhionn inghean Lughdach. *Badge. Or, on a domestic cat sejant
contourny sable maintaining a pen azure a roundel argent and in dexter
chief a rose sable, a bordure azure platy.

This badge is returned for being too complex. The Rules for Submissions
section VIII.1.a., Tincture and Charge Limit, says "As a rule of thumb, the
total of the number of tinctures plus the number of types of charges in a
design should not exceed eight." The Standards for Evaluation has a similar
section, A3E2 Complexity Count, which states "An item with a complexity
count of nine or higher that follows a period pattern of charges and
tinctures may be registered, but may need to be documented as an
Individually Attested Pattern." This device has a complexity count of nine,
with four tinctures (Or, sable, azure, argent) and five types of charge
(cat, pen, rose, bordure, roundels). The simplest change may be to drop
either the rose or the pen.

Andrewe

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Oakenwald Pursuivant <
herald at steppes.ansteorra.org> wrote:

> Can someone walk me through the steps one would take to research the final
> disposition of a submission from 2012?  The name, "*Caoilfhionn inghean
> Lughaidh*," appears to have been registered in May 2012, but I can't figure
> out where to see the final disposition and commentary of the accompanying
> device and badge submissions.  Thanks!
>
> --
> *Lord Antoine D'Aubernoun*
> Oakenwald Pursuivant