[ANSTHRLD] Online warrant class

Marie de Blois erminespot at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 15:02:03 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jun 2013, Brett Chandler-Finch <naturemakeswell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Issues:   is warranting standard for all kingdoms.  With only minor
>> specifics such as where money is sent etc.
>

> I don't know but I really doubt it.  There's nothing at Laurel level
> about this, and the subject of warranting has never come up on the SCA
> Heralds' list (so far as I recall).  Certainly procedures differ
> widely: there are kingdoms where local heralds are forbidden to touch
> submissions, and some kingdoms where the major submission mechanism is
> to drive to the monthly kingdom decision meeting and hand it over
> there.

As a student of InterKingdom Anthropology, I'd say that the
differences between kingdoms are substantial enough that what you can
teach that is a) consistent across kingdoms and b) not just the
Society submissions/administrative rules and c) specific enough that
it's useful is pretty small.

Daniel - and some where submissions *must* go through a local herald
(in others, through any warranted herald), and so on.  Even the
procedures for being warranted vary across the kingdoms.

Every time I think I've heard it all for heraldic IKA, I hear a new one.

Marie