[ANSTHRLD] A'isha al-Nahdiyah device and badge

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sat Jun 8 16:26:00 PDT 2013

On Sat, 8 Jun 2013, Alasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:
>> Device
>> Per pale argent and azure, a hand of fatima and a lotus in profile
>> counterchanged.

"Fatima" is a name (a "proper noun") and therefore should be
Capitalized.

> Admittedly I have been out of the loop after the rule changes, etc.
> But wouldn't this still violate the restriction on marshalling?

*headdesk*  You're right, of course!  Maybe the rest of us should
leave the loop for a while.  SENA A.6.F,
http://heraldry.sca.org/sena.html#A6F .  It doesn't qualify under any
part of Designs which do Not Create the Appearance of Marshalling and
it fails under A.6.F.2.c, Multiple Types of Primary Charges.

Daniel de Lindo Colonia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com