[ANSTHRLD] Online warrant class

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jun 7 18:20:58 PDT 2013

On Fri, 7 Jun 2013, Marie de Blois <erminespot at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a student of InterKingdom Anthropology, I'd say that the
> differences between kingdoms are substantial enough that what you can
> teach that is a) consistent across kingdoms and b) not just the
> Society submissions/administrative rules and c) specific enough that
> it's useful is pretty small.

There are classes that would be broadly useful for someone starting
out in heraldry.  Intro to armory and intro to names, but even those
would be of use only for consultation heralds.  But a class going over
Tangwystyl's "How to Document a Name (to Within an Inch of Its Life)",
even though the examples are dated, would be an excellent aid.  Intro
to voice, too, and basic notions of how to do court.

But the problem, of course, is that the original question was about
*warranting* in particular, and none of that is necessarily part of
every kingdom's warranting procedures, if any.

> Daniel - and some where submissions *must* go through a local herald

His note was on the Ansteorran list, where that is the case last I
heard, so I didn't bother with the procedure he was familiar with ...

> (in others, through any warranted herald), ...

... though that latter used to be the case in the past.  But I invite
correction.

Daniel Lindecolina
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com