[ANSTHRLD] Starr Gate

Kathleen O'Brien mari_1184 at att.net
Mon Mar 4 20:33:16 PST 2013

On 3/4/2013 10:09 PM, Bob Wade wrote:
> Who'd a thunk?
> June is the 40th anniversary of the registration for the Name of, according to BoD Minutes, "The Barony of Texas".  Requests for authenticity were not on Submission Forms at the time.  Is it too late to submit one on their behalf?
> Tostig
> Post Scriptum: Maybe in another 40 years we can find a period depiction of 'The Black Star'.

Well, <Black Star> should be fine as an English sign name.  The pattern
<Black [item]> is found in my Tokens article and both <Star> and <Seven
Stars> appear as sign names in the same article.

Looking at the image descriptions on the tokens, most simply describe
the charge as a "star".  Some describe it as a "blazing star".  I
thought that would be a comet, but one has the description:

A blazing star; between the rays, 1669.

So, I don't know if it's a comet or what (given the mention of rays).
Only a handful of these tokens were drawn up for the book I used.  So,
we'd be lucky if a star happened to be one of those few drawn up.  I can
check.

But I'd be stunned if the greater and lesser points mullet is period.
Or if it happens to be, that it got described as anything other than a
star on a sign name.

Mari