[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check, please (Azure, a caltrop and a bordure argent)

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 20:22:28 PDT 2013

Consider versus "Per pale azure and purpure, a mullet within a bordure argent." (Catherine Abernathy, Badge, Oct 2001).  I see a DC for change of field from azure to per pale azure and purpure.  There's probably a 2nd DC between a caltrop and a mullet given the Precedent:

"Eleanor of Orkney. Device. Paly vert and argent, on a bend sinister purpure a compass star palewise argent.
"We have reblazoned the tertiary charge's position to match the emblazon. This is clear of Seonaid Fitzalan: Vair en point, on a bend sinister purpure three caltrops argent. There is one CD for the change of field. The other CD must come from differences to the tertiary charge(s). While there is not substantial difference between a caltrop and a compass star, they are sufficiently distinct in appearance to allow for a significant difference between them. That, plus the change in number from one to three, is enough for a CD by RfS X.4.j.i." (LoAR April 2004, A-Lochac)

No other potential conflicts observed.

Tostig