[ANSTHRLD] Stolen Valor? Oldtimers' help needed!

Paul Mitchell sirgalen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 09:20:10 PDT 2014

I find myself in a very delicate position.  I think I’ve screwed up, on a matter that I consider important.

It’s my honest belief that, in her days as Star Principal Herald, Mistress Rosalia named me a herald extraordinary.

But I cannot for the life of me recall when or by whom I was told that.  I only remember that it happened after I’d gone to the Midrealm.

The Ansteorran Gazettes from that period don’t mention it.  Mistress Rosalia doesn’t remember whether she did or not; she describes that period as “another life time ago".  My protege, HL Timothy of Glastinbury, who was Zodiacus Herald at the time, doesn’t remember it.

I now have more cause to doubt the accuracy of my memory than to have confidence in it.  Is there anyone who remembers back 12 years who has an independent memory of this honor, or could even help me to document it?

If I’m really not a herald extraordinary, that’s OK.  Except for this:  I’ve been telling people for years that I was.

I am mortified.  I am more embarrassed than I can express to have labored so long under such a misconception.  I ask the College, its officers and especially all heralds extraordinary, to please accept my sincerest apologies for this error of mine.

- Galen of Bristol