[ANSTHRLD] 14th C. French Maps

Andreas von Meißen scamiz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 13:28:18 PDT 2014

No, modern maps are useless for documenting locative surnames. I'm fully
aware that the place I need existed in period, and where it is. I need
period documentation of the spelling.
I was looking for images of period maps (such as the Ortelius maps, but not
necessarily that comprehensive), to hopefully simultaneously expand my list
of available references. If those do not exist, then I'll have to hit
annals and other print sources, which will still get me what I want, but
are a less broad brush.

-- A