[ANSTHRLD] Fare thee Well

Andrewe Bawldwyn kingdom at herald.ansteorra.org
Fri Jan 10 19:46:59 PST 2014

Greetings!

The time has come for me to hang up the tabard, pass on the seal, and go
implode like a good used up Star...

Seriously though, it has been a blast. I've learned a LOT! I've enjoyed my
time serving the Kingdom and College. If you've ever thought in the
slightest about holding this office, I strongly urge you to consider it.
Though it was at times very challenging, I'd say it's probably the most
rewarding SCA experience I've had.

I want to take a second and thank folks! In this sort of thing, someone
inevitably gets left out, but know that if you are a herald, or a member of
this College, I am grateful for your service!

To my ER deputies, Countess Sara, Master Alden, and Sior Tomas... Thank you
so much for being willing to fill my shoes at a moment's notice. Anyone who
knows me, knows my job is one of those that could easily remove me from the
game without warning, and knowing that You all were there to pick up the
slack should something terrible happen, made it easier for me to go to work
without having to worry about the office.

To Master Robin, and Mistress Serena... I am indebted to the large volume
of historical knowledge You have stored in your brains. You were always
there to help me stay fully informed of the backgrounds of why things are
the way they are, and were an excellent sounding board for any idea I may
have had.

To HL Eirik - For stepping in on extremely short notice and filling Bordure
when I stepped up as Star. You sir, helped out big time in keeping the
College going, and allowing me to find my feet as a new principal herald
without having to worry about the submissions arm. Thank you for your many
years of continued service.

To Dame Mari, Dame Gwenllian, and Master Daniel... For the countless times
I wrote to you asking for help with stunt-doc, conflict checking which I
should've been able to do, or technical submissions stuff. Your immense
areas of speciality knowledge have been a great asset.

To HL Ines, Mistress Adelaide, Master Cynric, HL Snorri, Their Ursine
Excellencies, and the Barony of Bjornsborg: THANK YOU!!!! for the epic and
outstanding job You guys did on putting on Known World Heraldic. That event
was without a doubt a huge success, and your group's strengths truly shone!

To Magistra Emma, Master Alden, Maitre Etienne, and Mistress Druinne: Your
knowledge as people who have come before me was indispensable. Thank you
all for being such great stewards of the College, and for helping me to
navigate unfamiliar waters. Thank you for your encouragement and belief in
me through encouraging me to apply for the job.

To Duke Lochlan and Duchess Gwen - Thank you for giving me the opportunity
to serve as Star. Without your confidence, I would not be stepping down at
this time, though I would be applying!

 To all those who have held offices in the College during my tenure: Thank
you so much for giving of yourselves to support the function of the
College. Rest assured that you all played vital roles in fulfilling our
mission. I am proud to have led such an awesome group of people!

Finally, to my dear Lady Gwen, and my children... Thank you for often
giving up time with me at events, or even at home as I addressed the needs
of the office. I love you all, and look forward to a quiet, but productive
retirement :)