[ANSTHRLD] Questions

Herald of Hellsgate herald at hellsgate.ansteorra.org
Fri Mar 21 13:17:33 PDT 2014

Well, it appears some folks waited until I am about to leave to ask
questions I can't answer from personal experience, so I have several issues
I need help with.

1.  What is the procedure for releasing a registered badge?  This person is
not registering a new one but no longer desire the badge he has registered.

2. What is the procedure to get a device re-blazoned?  At the time it was
blazoned as a "wolf's head erased" and it was intended to be a "wolfhound's
head erased".  It was registered a long time ago and the heralds at that
time felt a wolf's head was more registerable.

3.  Can a badge include a 3-strand braid (like braiding hair) or does this
fall afoul of the knotwork rules?  I know rope can be registered but I am
not sure about a simple braid.

4. Will the addition of a bordure clear the appearance of marshalled arms?

5. I have a client who wants "Sable, a fess vert fimbriated argent, in
chief a Thor's hammer and in base three oars palewise argent" but I am not
sure of that can be registered that way.

I realize this is a lot of stuff to be asking about but I really want to
get this resolved before I leave next month and have to hand it off to my
replacement.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute to ask the
outgoing herald all the questions while the office is in transition.  Thank
you all for the help on this and over the past 2 years.

In Service,
Coenred aet Rauenesdale