No subject

Thu May 8 19:53:29 PDT 2014

favor, the following should roughly work

as an Irishman    Fearadach mac Congail o Ruairdri
as a highland scott Feradach mac Congail mec Ruadri
as a lowland scott or english rendering the above names Frederick McConnal or
Frederick O'Rorry
i know he wont like the last option

i dont have the books for scott names only irish, so i am hoping that his choices
that I can document as irish also carried over into gaelic speaking Scottland. I
am working on getting a library but it is a very slow process. Black is next on
my list i found a cheap copy, only $25

> Actually, yes.  It was a handout I wrote for a class I taught.  I'll dig it
> up for you.  ..........you may want to go to that webpage and check the "Last
> Update"

I have looked up all references you have pointed at (as well as others i find)
and am doing my best to understand them. I remember your handout was a very
direct and easy to understand list however.

> >Medb ingen Domnaill ui Somhairle
>
> I still think that's a cool name.  :)

thanks! i think so too. ;-)

medb