[ANSTHRLD] Proposal: Changes to the Heraldic Achievement Registration Process

Actuarius Pursuivant actuarius at herald.ansteorra.org
Mon Oct 20 20:35:29 PDT 2014

I'd seen or done the research on historical practices for Crests (thank you
Andreas), Mottos (thank you Adelaide) and Supporters, but not on helm
facings and their tincture.  Who did the latter?

A cursory look at the Zurich Roll shows helms facing both affronty and to
the side.  A study by Coblaith has an example of the same Arms displaying
both helm tinctures and facings on different Rolls:
w.s-gabriel.org/heraldry/coblaith/fries-chronik.html#206r (Front-Facing Or)
http://www.s-gabriel.org/heraldry/coblaith/fries-chronik.html#509r
(Side-Facing untinctured)
http://www.s-gabriel.org/heraldry/coblaith/fries-chronik.html (Side-Facing
Argent in #186v)