[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check: Quarterly vert and sable, a winged unicorn segreant argent

Etienne de St. Amaranth st.amaranth at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 26 20:19:25 PDT 2015

Tostig,

I may have missed a reply but I had not seen one so I did a check.  I'm not the most up-to-date on conflict checking with SENA but I found the following:
Quinton Ellys (Ansteorra, December 2013) - Quarterly sable crusily bottony Or and vert, a pegasus rampant argent.

The position of the wings for Quinton's pegasus is not blazoned.  But if they are in their default posture then I would expect the term segreant to have been appropriate here.  If that is the case, the only difference in the primary charges between these two would be the unicorn horn which I don't think will count since a winged unicorn is indexed in the O&A under both PEGASUS and MONSTER9WINGED.  If it can be indexed with a pegasus then I would worry there may be no difference.

If there is no countable difference or CD or whatever on the primary charge, then all you have is the field.  I think under SENA that the reversal of the black and green will count as a complete change to the field (even without the crusily bit).  Is a field change sufficient now?  It looks like a cadency claim to me; as though a second son took dad's arms and reversed the field colors (dropping the crusily) and slapped a horn on the pegasus.

Of course there could be a precedent that unicorns and pegasi are completely different but I'm not aware of it.

I'll watch for other commentary to see if this is clear and why.

Respectfully,

Maitré Etienne de St. Amaranth, OP
Email: st.amaranth at yahoo.com