[ANSTHRLD] Updating the OP

Sweet, Debby deborah.s.sweet at okstate.edu
Tue Aug 15 16:53:37 PDT 2017

-Emma said
>Usually it's just not going to be that useful. People put all kinds of crazy stuff on anything that has "name" on it, but heraldry submission forms are usually limited to stuff they actually submitted for registration. Resubmissions after a return will generally have the returned name info as part of the LoI/ILoI text.

Then I think maybe those heralds that help people fill in the forms should say something like, "Please list on this line any names that you have received awards with".

>For some you're just going to have to throw names out and see if anyone knows them. :)

So I'm going to throw out some names that I've got questions about. Some I'm probably about 80-99% percent sure it's that person, but I want to be absolutely sure.  Others are mere possibilities. The first line is from an LoAR, second line from the Order of Precedence.

The question is: Are these two names the same person?

Bulvyn Gunderson. Name and device.
OP has Bullvine Gundersson.

Diarmuid mac Brain. Name.
OP has Diarmuid Map Brain.

Diego Vasco de la Vega. Name. Device.
OP has Diego Sancha De La Vega.

Dmitrii Zvezdochet Mikhailovich. Name.
OP has Dmitrii Signev Mikhailov Syn Dugan.

Eadric Wolf. Name and device.
OP has Eadric of Wolfstar.

Elric de Netterville. Name.
OP has Elrique Falcone de Netterville.

Eva Collette Devereaux. Name.
OP has Eva Devereaux.

Guillermo Pájaro de Escocia. Name and device.
OP has Guillermo de Escocia.

Gyda in kyrra. Name.
OP has Kolfinna in Kyrra Otarsdottir.

Hildegard Volkward. Name .
OP has Hildegard Folkvardottir.

Jean Marc d'Anjou. Name.
OP has Jean Marc Lemainnoir.

Jehanne le Noir. Name.
OP has Jehan le Noir.

Kitta Ormarsdottir. Name.
OP has Eyrny Ormarsdottir.

Lauren Augustin. Name.
OP has Lauren Augustus.

Líadan of Wiesenfeuer. Holding name and device
OP has: 1) Liadan Bregh; 2) Liadan ingen Aiden; 3) Liadan ingen Cailligh

Thanks for your help in this. More tomorrow or the next day.

Estrill
Zodiacus