[ANSTHRLD] Policy change

Eirik Halfdanarson kingdom at herald.ansteorra.org
Mon Oct 2 11:28:23 PDT 2017

Greetings, there is a policy change being published in the November Black
Star.

Upon reviewing the Administrative Handbook, the Timeline for Not Reporting
was not in line with the quarterly reporting system we now use. While there
has not  been a need to use this, and I thank everyone for that, it does
need to be changed to be in line with the quarterly reporting. This will be
the final change I make to the Administrative Handbook. The following
change will be effective with the fourth quarter report of 2017.

B.    Failure to Report, Escalation

The following is a guideline to be used for handling a failure to report
from a local herald. The hope is to solve the problem with the least formal
action, as close to the source of the problem, as possible. For this
process to work, it is imperative that the Regional Herald verifies report
receipt each quarter. A note of formal or informal communications as
outlined below will be made by the Regional Herald in the Quarterly report
to Star. Regionals should utilize a variation of the table below for local
heralds who have been given a monthly reporting variance.

*Status                                                 Action*

No report filed by due date                 Informal communication with
local herald and local

branch seneschal and any landed nobility

No report filed by 30 days                  Formal letter to local herald;

after due date                          Copy to branch seneschal and any
landed nobility;

Notify Star Principal Herald.

No report filed by 60 days                  Letter removing local herald
from office;

after due date                          Copy to branch seneschal and landed
nobility;

Notify Star Principal Herald;

Star will inform the Crown and other Great Officers.

--
Eirik Halfdanarson
Star Principal Herald