[ANSTHRLD] DOXXING

Star Principal Herald kingdom at herald.ansteorra.org
Thu Feb 15 20:02:19 PST 2018

 Message from the BoD regarding DOXXING and recent events in the Society.
We as Heralds and Scribes are far more prone to have all the information
about the people we are working with.  Remember, this is a hobby. We are
supposed to have fun.  Watch out if you have submissions or hunting people
down for information on how you post for them.  Keep it out of the public
eye and only in official channels.  The Submissions Heralds have a very
hard job with this information, but we do a great job trying to limit
people's personal information getting out the door.  Lets continue this and
since this is so serious please make sure to watch for any signs of
somebody doing this.  It is inappropriate and we can't allow this within
our society.  Please make sure that all heralds and scribes within the
kingdom get notified about this so we can ensure this message is spread.

To all Kingdom Seneschals,

I want you to alert all of your officers (Kingdom and local group officers)
that DOXXING (i.e. posting personal information/contact
information/political information about individuals) is a violation of the
SCA Code of Conduct and the Anti-Bullying and Harassment policy.  DOXXING
is also against the law in California and a number of other jurisdictions;
furthermore, DOXXING may likewise be actionable as an Invasion of Privacy
which may result in a civil suit and money damages.  Please convey to all
of your officers at both the Kingdom and local group level that any officer
or agent of the SCA found to be DOXXING is subject to termination from
their office.

Additionally, I am instructing all Kingdom Seneschals and their deputies to
obtain screen-shots of instances of DOXXING by any participant as this
cannot be tolerated.

Everyone needs to contemplate the consequences of their actions.  I know
that there is a lot of anger and frustration over the events of the past
week; however, as officers and agents of the SCA, we must act in accordance
with the very foundations of this organization: courtesy, honor, chivalry
and respect.  We are and should be held to a higher standard and yet, there
are allegations that at least one officer took part in DOXXING.

We have a responsibility to be leaders-- to be part of a solution and not
part of the problem, even when the fog of division, discord and blame make
it hard to see what is truly important to us all.  It is times like these
when we need to pull together, rally around what is good about our Society
and lead by example.  Even when the world appears bereft of courtesy,
honor, chivalry and respect, we need to be an example of these virtues.

Very truly yours,

A.J. Pongratz
Vice President of Operations, SCA Inc.

Star Principal Herald