[ANSTHRLD] Greetings from Francois, Star

Star Principal Herald kingdom at herald.ansteorra.org
Fri Jan 31 06:02:45 PST 2020

Unto the members of the Ansteorran College of Heralds does Francois la
Flamme, Star Principal Herald, send warm greetings. (That is a title I had
not expected to wear again.)

The change in office has been a bit out of the ordinary and confusing with
unusual timings. For the cause we must look to the influence of Chronos
with perhaps the meddling of Loki. Timing, the timing of warrants ending,
the timing of applications, and the timing of availability.  Available both
of release from other responsibilities and to fill the office.  Great
machinery fails when timing is off, but people and organizations can
adjust.  So, the timing of my return from pilgrimage just at this point
allowed the Crown and Laurel to keep things operating with only a slight
bump not a fail. I am very happy to take the office for a while so that
others may in the future when the timings align.

My pilgrimage kept me away longer than I had expected.  While away I did
keep in contact with many so am not completely unaware of how things are
working but there are many things that I must learn and rediscover.  I am
relying on your aid and tutelage to educate me on the new and mind me of
the detailed workings as they are now.

To that end, I will be taking the time over the next months to visit and
consult with as many members of the College of Heralds as I may. It is my
hope to speak to as many of you in person as possible or by telephone if
not.

In this first week as Star I have had the pleasure to hear that the college
and its activities are running well.  There are areas for improvement but
there always are. We will work to make those better.   We have many
dedicated heralds who have been doing wonderfully in their offices but also
have vacant offices. We will strive to support those active and to include
more gentles into the amusement we call our CoH.  I am proud of the work
you are all doing.

I invite you to contact me if wish to talk sooner. If you have need of my
assistance or  have questions or suggestions for improvements please let me
know. I look forward to renewing old friendships and adding many new
friends.

It is with great pleasure that I find myself back again in the College.  I
am proud to be your Star Principal Herald.

Francois la Flamme
Star Principal Herald
Ansteorra
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/