[ANSTHRLD] Virtual Heralds Point Submission Processing

Star Principal Herald kingdom at herald.ansteorra.org
Tue Mar 16 14:50:45 PDT 2021

Greetings, Ansteorra!

I am excited to announce that we have received the forms and payment
information for those submissions that were made through the Virtual
Herald's Point in February. We received 135 items from 78 submitters! This
is a HUGE number of submissions, and we are excited to get them processed!
Thomas Bordure, Annais Asterisk, and I have spent over 6 hours today
sorting and formatting to get the ball rolling!

Due to monthly limitations on submission letters, we will be splitting this
list of items in two letters for consideration. This is a common practice
when Kingdoms receive high numbers of submissions at once (such as right
after a major War).

We will be sending everyone a notification over the next week letting you
know that your submission was received and which letter to expect to see
your item debut.

As a reminder on the submission process:
1. Items spend 1-month in Kingdom-level commentary. We try to catch any
issues that may arise and fix them before they go to the Society level.
2. After that 1-month discussion period, we host a Decision Meeting (these
are open for you to attend!) and those we do not find issues with will go
on a Society-level letter.
3. The Society-level letter is under review for 3 months. This is, in part,
because they are reviewing every item submitted by every kingdom every
month!
4. Once this period is over, Society-level heralds have a decision meeting
to do a final review of each item that has been submitted, and issues a
final decision (accepted and registered or returned for further work).
5. The Letter Society issues is called the Letter of Acceptances and
Returns (LoAR), and takes about 1-2 months to publish, as they want to make
sure they have everything 100% correct before publishing - this is the
letter that makes things officially official!

The submissions process generally takes 6-9 months, so we do ask you to be
patient! We will send you notifications about when your item is being
decided at our Kingdom-level decision meeting as well as when a decision
has been made and it has been published in the LoAR.

If you have *any* questions at all about your submissions, the process, or
how to get involved, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Asterisk - Internal submissions (the first place your item hits! they
manage the Kingdom-level letters) can be reached at
asterisk at herald.ansteorra.org

Bordure - external Submission (they host the decision meeting after our
kingdom-level letter AND create the letter to send to Society-level)
bordure at herald.ansteorra.og

Star - Head of the College of Heralds and Scribes - if I can't answer your
questions, I can find the people who can! kingdom at herald.ansteorra.org

If you did not get a chance to participate in the Virtual Herald's Point
last month - keep your eyes open! There may be another opportunity in a few
months! Additionally, we are still accepting forms and payment sent through
your local group!

Thank you all for your participation!

Yours in Service,
Elena Star