HERB - Aphids

Reception kblkthrn at midtown.net
Mon Apr 20 14:57:05 PDT 1998

I'm hoping someone on this list will have some advice.  I picked up a small Purple Coneflower plant for my desk at work.  (Yes, I know EXACTLY what it is.  Harvested leaves travel home nicely wrapped in paper towels until I can dry them.)  My problem is, it has aphids.  Because I use the herb internally, I do not wish to use poisons.  Because the plant is in an office, I can't exactly open a package of ladybugs.  Any ideas on how to get rid of them (besides just killing the ones I see?)