HERB - ginger/galingale-growing

Conchobar Mac Gabhann conchobar.mac.gabhann at usa.net
Wed Apr 29 10:29:07 PDT 1998

At 11:00 AM 4/29/98 , you wrote:
> Fresh ginger is the root in its fleshy round state.  It's really a rhizome
>and not a root.  Store ginger was used to distinquish between ornamental
>(nursery bought) ginger and culinary ginger.  Ginger also comes in dried
>form and that's the kind that is powdered or crytalized (candied)  I have
>seen ginger in dried root form that you grate yourself.  You also run into
>what is call green ginger which is the very young very new ginger before it
>develops it's woody and fibrous core.  This make very good candied ginger.

This brings to mind a question from the Middle Kingdom (Hi, everyone! )
Does anyone have a recipe for candied ginger that is both good and simple?
As I love ginger in all forms (in my mead, with sushi, in most of my
cooking...) I'd like to try to make some candied ginger at home.

My thanks!

Pax, Amor, Concordia // Peace, Love, Harmony

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Conchobar Mac Gabhann
(mka Geordon VanTassle)
Deputy Pursuivant, Shire Rokkehealden

Etheric Missives to: Conchobar.Mac.Gabhann at USA.net
Electronic Home: http://www.gonna_post_it_REAL_soon.com  ;)
Enscribed missives:
Geordon VanTassle
630 North Ave