HERB - Wart Ointment

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 19 06:36:32 PDT 1998

 Well,   (how about calling it a sip tease)

I found my notes and I wrote down what's in it but not amounts.... Also my
brain must be going because there is no mention of ivy.  I think I thought
about adding ivy later.

Stuff in it:

echinacea (dried root), elder leaves (fresh), elder flowers (dried),
goldenseal powder, myrrh tincture, comfrey leaf and root (both dry).  I
used almond oil and beeswax for the salve/ointment base.

I heated the oil after putting the roots in, simmered for a little, put the
leaves in waited until the leaves got a little crispy,  turned it off and
let the oil cool slightly.  Strained out the vegetable parts, then heated
it up again adding the beeswax, goldenseal powder and tincture, Stirring
until mixed.  Then I put it into ittle pots and let it finish cooling.  I
remember putting two tablets of beeswax in.  (see below)

I make my own beeswax tablets by heating my beeswax and a tiny muffin tray.
(you know the little tiny ones)which I had lined with plastic wrap in the
cups.   When the beeswax melted I dropped one Tablespoon of wax per cup.
It's easier for me to use this way  I don' have to waste alot of beeswax
when I need  a little.  I got beeswax from a friend who fletches arrows and
he found a source that sold beeswax for $1.00 a pound.  You have to clean
it of bee parts but it's really lovely honey smelling wax.

Hope this helps.  I have one more place to look to see if I wrote the
measurements down.

Always do that.  I'm bad about brewing as well... never write down formulas
and such.

Clare