HERB - Moving plants and gardens

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Tue Aug 25 13:49:48 PDT 1998

Ya'll are describing just about what I expect to happen, someone to move in
and dig up most of my plantings.  I figure the only chance anything has is to
look like a conventional ornamental planting.  What few gardeners there are
around here generally scorn anything except flowers.

Most of my bulbs have been "salvaged" for me by my husband.  An old house
across from where he works was torn down and paved for a parking lot, and he
got permission to go in and dig up anything he wanted.  I ended up with some
beautiful native amaryllis, cannis lilies, even some irises.  It was something
of an adventure, discovering what I had <G>.  It's kind of satisfying, too,
saving these lovely plants (and getting them for free!)

Raisya