HERB - to Kris -- dog food

Lughnasa@aol.com Lughnasa at aol.com
Wed Jul 1 03:42:28 PDT 1998

>     I just have one thing to say about this.  Read 'Foods Pets Dies For'  by
>  Ann Martin.  Now I have been involved in discourse with Ms. Martin and
don't
>  agree with all her viewpoints on feeding pets, but this book is an eye-
> opener.
>  I really think Raven is mistaken in much of what she believes.  Commercial
> pet
>  food is garbage - some not as bad as others, but still not HUMAN GRADE
food.

>  Debbie

  There was a discussion a while back on this list about how the FDA makes
"allowances" for "things" that aren't so right about foods.  These same
standards are applied to _ALL_ foods.  It doesn't matter if it's human,
canine, feline, equine, etc.  The standard IS the same.  The only difference
is in the nutritional requirements of each species.  You can read that as
either "(Species) eat as good as humans" or "Humans eat as bad as (species)".

Kris