HERB - basil

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Jul 7 08:34:38 PDT 1998

> My basil doesn't seem to have a fragrance.  Is it too young or is it just
>  my imagination?

Could be either one of those, OR it could be the type...(Personally I prefer
genoese<sp?> VERY fragrant)  OR it could be that you haven't pinched it back
or harvested it..(herbs produce more oils if they're occasionally touched in
my experence.. seems to be a defense mechinism).. It could even be the growing
conditions.. (They like to dry out between waterings, and it's been wet here I
know). Confusing enough?

The big question is of course...is how it tastes...<g> And while smell is a
function of taste, after they've been spun in the blender with some olive oil,
parmasian, garlic and nuts I can smell them from here.. ::Drool::

Corwyn