HERB - Re: Natural Dyeing experiment equipment

sunshinegirl sunshinegirl at steward-net.com
Mon Jul 20 13:37:44 PDT 1998

Would someone describe ragweed to me?  We have a plant out here that even
the goats and llama won't eat.  Mom calls it "bitterweed"  but I can't find
that common name listed in any of my books.  Dad said he thought it might
be ragweed, but it doesn't quite match the only picture that I have of
ragweed.  It has lots and lots of thin "leaves", the petals are yellow,
usually nine on a flower, and sorta heart shaped, except with three lobes
instead of two.  The center is light orange.  It grows to about a foot
high, and it is very bitter (wash your hands after pulling, before eating
anything with fingers-sometimes two or three times)
thanks for any info,
Melandra of the Woods