HERB - pennsic

THEODORE KUBRICHT TedK at uh.edu
Fri Jul 31 14:30:37 PDT 1998

>OK, let's say 3PM on Monday the 10th at the Ansteorran camp.  We're on the
>
>Vaclav Namatko (Random),
>
>Why haven't you spoken up, I was going to give you a call and coax you into
>showing up!  Taking another herb walk in armor this year?

I have been swamped with work and other activities, and bareley have
time to read my email, rarely any time to compose a response.

Of *course* I'll be doing my armored herb walk during the woods battle.
Never can tell when stooping over to take a look at an interesting plant
may save my life (as an arrow goes whizzzing over).

I plan to collect Boneset and Jewelweed again this year at the War.
Boneset is my favorite cold remedy.   Seems to work like a smooth but
powerful antihistamine, clearing up my congestion better than any
OTC remedy I have ever tried.   Couple of cups of tea a day for the first
few days of a cold and I can hardly tell I have one.    Jewelweed is
supposed to be a good poison ivy prevenrtative and treatment.
I boil it in water just after picking it to extract the juice, bottle and
store it in the cooler till I get home where I freeze it into ice cubes.
Throw a few in a bath before exposure and rub the cubes on the rash
after.

In fine Spirit,
Vaclav (Random)