HERB - Charlemagne's list

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Thu Jun 4 13:39:53 PDT 1998

Mistress Christianna,

I've got rocket and orach growing in my garden right now.  I believe there are
two plants called rocket, the edible one is also called arugula.  The other is
grown for its flower.  Orach is a salad "green" except it's red <G>, very
pretty.  I'm still trying to work out best growing conditions for them, but
the summer Houston heat doesn't seem to be phasing the rocket, so if it tastes
good, I'm hoping to finally have a summer salad green.

Service refers to a type of berry, I think (more often called serviceberry
now).  I think I've seen it available in a catalog, but I'm not certain.

Medlar's familiar, but the rest have me stumped too <G>.

Raisya