HERB - Re: Comfrey -- was chamomile

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon Jun 15 13:02:16 PDT 1998

>Is this only internal consumption, or does it apply for external use
>as well?  I use a combination of goldenseal powder and comfrey root
>powder, with lanolin and beeswax base, on my hands.  It works much
better and  is  cheaper than the steroid cream that my Dermatologist had
prescribed.

>Melandra of the Woods

What condition do you use this cream for?  I am looking for something to
ease my poor little black dog's terrible skin problems.  It looks like
eczima, it is heat sensitive, and is likely an inherited condition as she
is part sharpei/chow (plus lab and a few other things).  She absolutely
chews herself raw, and I am resisting putting her on steroids.  I have
been feeding her brewer's yeast, garlic, and vitamin E, and we have tried
her on a variety of drugs (for thyroid and infection, cortizone cream,
Lanacane, salicyllic acid[cream, and in liquid form for the ear
infections she gets]), and lamb-based dog food, all to little or no
effect.  I have access to all of these materials, though, and it sounds
like it might help.
	Christianna