HERB - Comfrey and dogs...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Jun 16 06:00:28 PDT 1998

Christianna said something that sounded like:
> What condition do you use this cream for?

What we use comfrey compresses for are bone/muscle injuiries. It seems
to help quickly heal them. I don't remember it helping my psoriosis at
all though. For this I am lucky enough that getting enough sunshine and
vitamin E clear it up. (Of course I don't always do that. *sigh*)

> I am looking for something to
> ease my poor little black dog's terrible skin problems.

Our golden recently had similar problems to what it sounds like yours is
going though.

We tried brewer's yeast and vitamin E 'cause they had always worked
in the past, but they failed to work.

They thought it was a food allergy of all things. We put her on the
Purina Lamb & Rice food for a while, which made it better, but it didn't
go away.

They gave her corizone pills and a anti-histamine, but it didn't go
away.

We finally bathed her once a week with dandruff shampoo (Yes, they make
doggy dandruff shampoo) for about a month and a half and the problem
went away. As of yet, the problem has not come back yet eventhough we
have stopped bathing her except once a month or so. (Reminds himself to
bath his dog soon.)

This may or many not be a solution for you, but it worked for us.

Ciao,