HERB - HERB Queen Ann's Lace, and many other things

gangis@siu.edu gangis at siu.edu
Wed Jun 17 13:36:30 PDT 1998

        Hi,  I have never posted to this list before though I have read many
of the messages.  I have yet to respond to any messages as I have almost no
knowledge of the subject matter.  Recently however I have read a few things
and found a few questions which I would like to ask the well learned and
wise who post to this list.
        First how do you know the diffrence between Queen Ann's Lace and the
much less edible plants which impersonate it?  And what would be a good way
to prepare the root of this plant for eating.
        Secondly.  I have heard some people talking of Absinthe as a strange
concoction of Alcohol and Wormwood.  They said it was a potent hilucinigenic
and occasionally drove people mad.  I was curious if this was actualy a
period drink and if such poisons might have contributed to the beleife in
Magic and other things which were firmly beleved in at the time but now
proven to have never existed.
        Thirdly I would like to appologize for not knowing how to spell any
better than an illiterate third grader.
        Fourthly I at presant drink Dandilion tea made from the leaves and I
was wondering if there are any other very common weed type plants that grow
around and in citys of Southern Illinois that I could scavinge and find a
use for.  Many thanx in advance,
In service to knowing
        John Day