HERB - Hungary water

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Wed Jun 24 06:02:08 PDT 1998

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998 RAISYA at aol.com wrote:

> Someone recently mentioned that they'd made Hungary water, but I can't recall
> who now.  The only recipe I can find is a modern one that uses essential oils
> as a shortcut, and I'd like to see a period recipe.  Anyone <G>?

I'm also looking for recipes. The two I have mention lavender, rosemary,
and/or myrtle... steeped in alcohol and distilled.
I've made a fairly strong perfume by steeping lavender and rosemary in
Everclear grain alcohol, but you do need to filter it a lot: this green
sludge forms on the bottom...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa (Shire of Eisental; HERMS Cyclonus)
         aka Aunt Bunny, mka Jennifer Heise
jenne at tulgey.browser.net

"And I think it's gonna be alright; Yeah, the worst is over now--
The mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball."