HERB - Mint, yet again!

Lughnasa@aol.com Lughnasa at aol.com
Fri Jun 26 04:10:47 PDT 1998

>  It may be a stupid question, but can dogs get sick from salmonella?  I
>  doubt it with the kind of stuff they eat!
They sure can!  Salmonella is a bacteria.  Few species are "safe".  Dogs do,
however, have stronger digestive juices (saliva, acid, bile) which helps kill
the buggers.
>  When my eggs get too old to cook with, I generally wipe them off with
>  bleach or alcohol, make a small hole at each end,  and blow the contents
>  into a bowl, saving the shells for decorating.  (Don't go there!)  Am I
>  courting a salmonella disaster, or is disinfecting the shells enough?

Wiping them is almost useless.  Unless another egg broke in the container.
Salmonella is found pn the INSIDE of the egg.  But don't worry.  If you're
paranoid about it, then just wash your mouth out afterwards.

Kris